Present: Ray Gillen, Brad Lewis, Sharon Jordan, Ed Capovani, Bill Chapman, Janet Hutchison, Bob Wall, Bob Mantello and Karen Zalewski-Wildzunas
Absent: Neil Golub and John Mallozzi
Others: Jayme Lahut, Jim Callander and audience of 3
Call to Order: Mr. Gillen called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
1. Approval of Minutes: Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas moved adoption of the
March 14, 2012 meeting minutes; seconded by Ms. Jordan and approved.
2. Treasurer’s Report — Mr. Wall reviewed the Treasurer’s Report for the period ending March 31, 2012 which was distributed prior to the meeting. Cash on hand was $2,011,094. Mr. Lewis moved to accept the Treasurer’s Report; seconded by Ms. Jordan and approved.
3. 2011 Audit: Resolution 756-12 — Adopt Audit for the Fiscal Year Ending December 31, 2011
Jayme Lahut reported that the Fiscal Audit Committee recommended adoption of the 2011 audit and noted the audit was clean and unqualified. Mr. Wall moved Resolution 756-12; seconded by Mr. Mantello and approved.
4. Electro Fiber Technologies, LLC Expansion Project: Resolution 757-12 — Adopt the General Project Plan
The $3.25 million project involved leasing the former V-Stream Building in Rotterdam (with an option to buy), renovating, equipping and consolidating specialty metalized fiber production now located in Ohio and Connecticut. EFT’s parent company is publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and was founded in 1845. Plans call for employing 30+ people and additional investment over the next several years. Metroplex’s participation involves a $100,000 grant for interior improvements and/or production equipment. Ms. Jordan moved Resolution 757-12; seconded by Mr. Lewis. After brief discussion about the environmental review, Resolution 757-12 was approved.
5. Transfinder Corporation Project: Resolution 758-12 — Amend the General Project Plan
Resolution 758-12 acknowledged NBT Bank construction / permanent loans, increased owner equity and reaffirmed Metroplex’s participation in the project. Mr. Mantello moved Resolution 758-12; seconded by Mr. Lewis and approved.
6. Alco Redevelopment Project: Resolution 759-12 — Amend the General Project Plan
The resolution authorized entering into an agreement with the City of Schenectady to assist in administering the $4 million Restore NY grant awarded to the City in 2009. With the project moving forward, Metroplex staff will assist in documentation collection, MWBE compliance and making requisitions. Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas moved Resolution 759-12; seconded by Mr. Lewis. Discussion followed about constructing a 150-room hotel and upscale residence. Resolution 759-12 was approved unanimously.
7. Downtown Parking Project: Resolution 760-12 — Upgrade Credit Card Hardware / Software
Metroplex’s parking consultants recommended upgrading the Amano McGann hardware and software systems at the Garage at a cost of $40,617 to remain in compliance with new standards for credit card processing. Resolution 760-12 authorized purchasing the necessary hardware and software from Access Technologies Integrated, Inc. via single-source purchase, because the firm is the only local dealer for Amano McGann products. Ms. Jordan moved Resolution 760-12; seconded by Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas. After brief discussion, Resolution 760-12 was approved.
8. Public Comment — two members of the Mont Pleasant Neighborhood Association spoke about the condition of the Crane Street commercial district and cleaning up graffiti in the City.
9. Board Comment — Mr. Capovani spoke about the Town of Glenville’s economic development event at the Lighthouse Restaurant on April 19 that is open to developers and the public.
10. Adjournment — Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas moved to adjourn, seconded by Ms. Jordan. The meeting adjourned at 6:35 p.m.
Jayme B. Lahut