Present: Ray Gillen, Brad Lewis, Sharon Jordan, Neil Golub, Bill Chapman, Janet Hutchison, Bob Wall, John Mallozzi and Karen Zalewski-Wildzunas
Absent: Ed Capovani and Bob Mantello
Others: Jayme Lahut, Jim Callander and Robert Kristel, CPA
Call to Order: Mr. Gillen called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
1. Approval of Minutes: Mr. Golub moved adoption of the January 11, 2012 meeting minutes; seconded by Mrs. Hutchison and approved.
2. Treasurer’s Report — Robert L. Kristel, CPA, presented the Authority’s financial statements for the year ending December 31, 2011, which were distributed to the Board in advance of the meeting. He specifically reviewed the balance sheet, revenue and expense statement, cash flow statement and notes. The statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and form the basis for the annual audit that is nearing completion by BST. Following the presentation and question / answer period, Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas moved the Treasurer’s Report; seconded Ms. Jordan and approved.
3. Annual Meeting: Resolution 748-12 — Election of Officers
In accordance with the By-Laws, Resolution 748-12 appointed Sharon Jordan as Secretary and Bob Wall as Treasurer. Mr. Golub moved Resolution 748-12; seconded by Mr. Chapman and approved.
4. Board Governance: Resolution 749-12 — Adopt Mission Statement
Metroplex annually must adopt a mission statement and benchmarks. The Governance Committee reviewed the mission statement and related materials and recommended adoption. Ms. Jordan moved Resolution 749-12; seconded by Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas and approved.
5. Policy Compliance: Resolution 750-12 — Adopt Investment Report and Investment Policy
Metroplex annually must readopt its Cash Management and Investment Policy, which follows the NYS Comptroller guidelines for municipalities and authorities. The 2011 Investment Report must be filed annually is required with the Authority Budget Office. Resolution 750-12 reauthorized the policy and accepted the 2011 Investment Report. Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas moved Resolution 750-12; seconded by Mr. Wall and unanimously approved.
6. Policy Compliance: Resolution 751-12 — Reauthorize Procurement Guidelines
The Procurement Guidelines, which requires annual review and reauthorization, were unchanged from prior years. Mr. Lewis moved Resolution 751-12; seconded by Ms. Jordan and unanimously approved.
7. Policy Compliance: Resolution 752-12 — Adopt Property Report and Reauthorize Real Property Disposition Policy
Resolution 752-12 reauthorized the Real Property Disposition policy, reaffirmed the Executive Director as compliance officer, and accepted the annual report listing all property held by and/or disposed during 2011. Mr. Lewis moved Resolution 752-12; seconded by Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas and approved.
8. Policy Compliance: Resolution 753-12 — Reauthorize Sale and Reporting of Bonds and Notes Policy
Metroplex must annually reaffirm its policy regarding procurement of services in connection with the issuance of bonds, which Metroplex follows for all bond transactions. The guidelines were established by the NYS Comptroller, so no changes were made. Mr. Golub moved Resolution 753-12; seconded by Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas. Following brief discussion, Resolution 753-12 was approved.
9. Project Reconciliation and Accounting: Resolution 754-12 — Release Unexpended Project Obligations
Resolution 754-12 listed two projects where all work has been completed and Metroplex funds remain unspent. For purposes of the 2011 audit, the Board must acknowledge the recaptured of $9,269, which may be dedicated to new projects. Mr. Golub moved Resolution 754-12; seconded by Mrs. Hutchison and approved after brief discussion.
10. Project Reconciliation and Accounting: Resolution 755-12 — Allocate Additional Funds for Unbudgeted Project Expenditures
Resolution 755-12 identified three projects completed in 2011 where the total expenses incurred exceeded Board authorization. For purposes of the 2011 audit, the Board must acknowledge allocating additional $38,727 for the projects. Mr. Wall moved Resolution 755-12; seconded by Ms. Jordan. Following discussion, Resolution 755-12 was approved.
11. Public Comment — None
12. Board Comment —The April Board meeting was rescheduled for April 18. Mr. Gillen provided project updates.
13. Adjournment — Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas moved to adjourn, seconded by Ms. Jordan. The meeting adjourned at 6:40 p.m.
Jayme B. Lahut