Present: Ray Gillen, Brad Lewis, Sharon Jordan, Bill Chapman, Ed Capovani, Bob Wall, Bob Mantello, Janet Hutchison, John Mallozzi and Karen Zalewski-Wildzunas
Absent: Neil Golub
Others: Jayme Lahut, Jim Callander, David Hogenkamp and audience of 1.
Call to Order: Mr. Gillen called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
1. Approval of Minutes: Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas moved adoption of the August 14, 2013 meeting minutes, seconded by Ms. Jordan and approved.
2. Treasurer’s Report: Mr. Wall reviewed the Treasurer’s Report for the period ending August 31, 2013 which was distributed prior to the meeting. He noted that sales tax receipts were equal to one year ago, operating expenses were substantially under budget, and predevelopment expenses were tracking above budget due to volume of new projects in the works. Cash on hand was $2.67 million. Mr. Lewis moved to accept the Treasurer’s Report, seconded by Ms. Zalewski-Wildzunas and approved.
3. Lower State Streetscape Project: Resolution 843-13 —Adopt the General Project Plan
The public hearing was held on May 1 and no written or oral comments were received. The project represented a Type II action pursuant to SEQRA. The resolution allocated $1,700,000 in bond proceeds for repaving lower State Street from Erie Blvd. to Church Street. The project includes replacing curbs and sidewalks, repairing vaults, planting trees and replacing streetlights with decorative lighting. The City will also install a new waterline and sleeve sanitary sewer lines. Mr. Wall moved Resolution 843-13; seconded by Ms. Sharon Jordan. Following discussion, Resolution 843-13 was approved.
4. Policy Compliance: Resolution 844-13 — Accept Service from the NYS Secretary of State
A new State law established a central registry with the Department of State for the filing of any and all claims (such as slip and fall claims) against public authorities. DOS then notifies the designated local representative of the public authority about the claim being contemplated. Resolution 844-13 designates the Executive Director as Metroplex’s representative for accepting claims. Ms. Hutchison moved Resolution 844-13; seconded by Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas. After brief discussion, Resolution 844-13 was approved.
5. Public Comment: None
6. Executive Session: Mr. Lewis made a motion that the board convene in executive session to discuss the prospective acquisition, sale or lease of real property; seconded by Ms. Jordan. At 6:10 p.m., the board entered into a private session. At 6:30 p.m., Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas moved to conclude the executive session; seconded by Mr. Lewis. Mr. Gillen stated that no votes or other authorizations were undertaken during the session.
7. Adjournment: Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas moved to adjourn, seconded by Mr. Wall. The meeting was adjourned at 6:30 p.m.