Present: Ray Gillen, Brad Lewis, Bob Wall, Sharon Jordan, Neil Golub, Bill Chapman, Robert Dieterich, John Mallozzi, and Karen Zalewski-Wildzunas
Absent: Bob Mantello
Others: Jayme Lahut, Jim Callander, David Hogenkamp and an audience of 4
Call to Order: Mr. Gillen called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
1. Approval of Minutes: Ms. Jordan moved adoption of the July 29, 2015 meeting minutes; seconded by Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas and approved.
2. Treasurer’s Report: Mr. Wall reviewed the Treasurer’s Report for the period ending August 31, 2015, which was distributed prior to the meeting. He stated that sales tax revenues improved and was tracking close to budget. Operating and predevelopment expenses were below budget. Cash on hand totaled $6.44 million. Following brief discussion, Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas moved to accept the Treasurer’s Report; seconded by Mr. Lewis and approved.
3. Albany Distillery Project: Resolution 985-15 —Adopt the General Project Plan
Resolution 985-15 authorized a grant of $60,000 and a partial exemption from sales tax in support of the Albany Distillery renovation project at 10-12 Yates Street. Plans included preserving historical elements of the brick façade of 10 Yates Street and retrofitting 12 Yates Street facade with glass garage doors, sheet metal siding, and an outdoor patio with fire pitsto house the distilling operation in the rear portion of the facility. Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas moved Resolution 985-15; seconded by Ms. Jordan. After discussion about the business, Resolution 985-15 was approved.
4. Robinson Block Redevelopment Project: Resolution 986-15 — Amend General Project Plan
Resolution 986-15 amended the General Project Plan by allotting $675,000 for demolition, shoring and underpinning as part of the site preparation necessary for the project. The project will start soon. Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas moved Resolution 986-15; seconded by Mr. Golub. After discussion, Resolution 986-15 was approved.
5. Rotterdam Corporate Park Warehouse Project: Resolution 987-15 — Hold Public Hearing
The resolution authorized holding a public hearing for construction of a 100,000 square foot wholesale distribution and logistics services facility in the Rotterdam Corporate Park. An affiliated entity of the Galesi Group, Distributors Unlimited, Inc., has requested a partial exemption from taxes. The $4.2 million project adds jobs and boosts the tax base. Mr. Golub moved Resolution 987-15; seconded by Mrs. Zalewski-Wildzunas. Following discussion, Resolution 987-15 was approved.
Public Comment: Roxanne Wright, Schenectady business person, spoke about small business opportunities in Schenectady. Rich Fisher, Niskayuna resident, commented on efforts to incorporate Schenectady history into the Mohawk Harbor site.
Board Comment: Mr. Gillen encouraged Ms. Wright to contact the Metroplex office for further discussion.
Adjournment: Mr. Golub moved to adjourn, seconded by Mr. Lewis. The meeting was adjourned at 6:30 p.m.
Jayme B. Lahut