Phase 4 Reopening –
The Capital Region remains on-schedule for a Phase 4 reopening on Wednesday, July 1, 2020. While fitness facilities, movie theaters and malls had expected to be included in Phase 4, the Governor’s office announced that guidelines for these industries will be issued at a later date.
Phase 4 Reopening Guidelines by Industry
- Higher Education Guidelines
- Including but not limited to community and junior colleges, universities, graduate and professional schools, medical schools, and technical schools
- Low-Risk Outdoor Arts & Entertainment
- Including outdoor zoos, botanical gardens, nature parks, grounds of historic sites and cultural institutions, outdoor museums, outdoor agri-tourism, local agricultural demonstrations and exhibitions, and other similar institutions/ activities.
- Low-Risk Indoor Arts & Entertainment
- Including indoor museums, historical sites, aquariums, and other related institutions or activities.
- Media Production
- Including activities undertaken in motion picture, music, television, and streaming productions on set, on location, or at any production or recording site.
All Phase 4 businesses and organizations must take the following steps in order to reopen:
- Check if your business is eligible to reopen using the New York Forward Business Reopening Lookup Tool.
- Read the detailed for your industry on New York Forward.
- Sign a Business Affirmation to confirm that you have read and understand the guidelines for your industry.
- Develop a written safety plan for your business. You may develop your own safety plan or use the NYS Business Re-Opening Safety Plan Template. Your safety plan must be available to NYS Department of Health and/or local health and safety authorities in the event of an inspection.
If we can be of assistance, please email us.
See earlier COVID-19 updates at www.schenectadymetroplex.org.